Forgot your username?

User Tag List

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: All that is MAN!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have asked if I could have duct taped myself to one of the skydivers.... Balls of steel.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad story. Reminds me of that 1,000 ways to die book I read in elementary school.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend out of state posted this up on a forum. ATIM worthy....

"A friend of Mozelle's is a combat medic stationed in Kandahar (sp?), Afghanistan. Jordan is 21 years old. He was supporting his unit as they were doing a road clearing operation at night - basically using C4 to blow up IEDs that were planted on/in the roadway. The operation went long and by dawn, they were experiencing small arms fire, which was quickly discouraged. Then the mortars came in. One blew up eight feet in front of Jordan. He was knocked unconscious immediately, has a concussion and both ear drums were burst. He came too in 2-3 minutes and went to work on the Platoon Sargeant. That guy was closest to the mortar and had burns over 45% of his body, inhalation burns, both legs were broken due to shrapnel and the explosion concussion, an eye socket was destroyed and a bruised heart. He was medivaced out within 8 minutes of the explosion with Jordan working on him the entire time. The Sargeant is expected to live and won't be minus any body parts, except for a lot of skin. Jordan has been awarded the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star, although as mostly happens with people who are awarded that honor, he says that he was just doing his job and doesn't deserve it.

Jordan is currently at Headquarters being treated for the concussion and seeing what they're going to do about his hearing. He's lost complete hearing on the left side and has vastly diminished hearing on the right, although some hearing may come back once the healing has happened. He's been offered a trip home, but so far is refusing it. He wants to go back to his unit, but he may need surgery on the ears before that could be a reality. They might let him stay at Headquarters as a field medic helping to do triage for their medical unit. Jordan want to be a doctor and that's why he joined the military and the medical corps.

He's a great guy and regardless if I believe that that war is just or not, I 100% support the troops that are there. Mozelle and I are making up another care package to send him of dryer sheets, jerky, pistachios, wet wipes and whatever else we can think of to put in the box. Why dryer sheets? The guys put them in their boots and clothes to help with the smell. The wet wipes is because there are 2 showers for 120+ people..."

I'm way cooler in person. Array Motocrossx23's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race: Integra / DE: E30 / Summer: C6 Vette / Winter: Audi A3
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer with the back.
    Horsepower is how fast You hit the wall, Torque is how hard You hit the wall.

I like cars,
    and burnouts,
    and beer.
    I also like to hate.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Mike
    www.blowneuros.com

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad story, I can't imagine what was going through his head knowing you have no chance pretty much. I do want to make a balloon jump once I get my A license. Looks fun.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPD47 View Post
    Mike, i bet if you were on the track that day you'd be calling it a doucher move by smacking that glass all over the cool-down area.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord
    Go into debt. Build a drift car!
    WEBSITE: BINGS.CA /// FACEBOOK GROUPS: BINGS.CA /// SON240SX /// Ontario Infiniti G & Nissan Z /// CANADIAN BMW M-CARS /// FACEBOOK PAGES: NYSPEED

I like cars,
    and burnouts,
    and beer.
    I also like to hate.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was a track day, yes, if it was a drift event, no.
    -Mike
    www.blowneuros.com

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a dig
    WEBSITE: BINGS.CA /// FACEBOOK GROUPS: BINGS.CA /// SON240SX /// Ontario Infiniti G & Nissan Z /// CANADIAN BMW M-CARS /// FACEBOOK PAGES: NYSPEED

Climbin in ya window... Array travisn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet it was because his tires weren't wide enough for those rims.
    because racecar: rit.edu/kgcoe/formula/
    because engineer: travisnewberry.com

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just built a room that rivals that... a thread with pictures will be up soon.
    FRY: " if I want to spend time on Sunday fighting unintelligent attention whores I'll just log on here."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tpgsr View Post
    I just built a room that rivals that... a thread with pictures will be up soon.
    Yeah, I thought of your thread about a walk in fridge when I saw this. Hopefully you did it for less than this costs?

Sr. User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an awesome feeling..

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82464866/

and for you coffee drinkers out there...
    enjoy..

Someone care to explain how hard this is ??

Last edited by k.man; 04-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Looking for an engine hoist to rent in scarborough? PM for details

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that coffee machine is gangster as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPD47 View Post
    LOL thats so sick
    "In cars, you shouldn't have a reason to want to feel the thrill, yet it's more like tasting the pleasure of control."

I'm way cooler in person. Array Motocrossx23's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to cross post this because it's a story everyone should hear...

From Wristtwisters.com:

A sad day in oregon....
    Today a friend of mine was lost to the Columbia river, he was fishing with some friends when his young son fell over the side of the boat, my friend jumped in to rescue his son and he was able to push the boy close enough to the boat that the other fishing partners could grab the boy, but the but the current was to strong and fast for his father to make it back to the boat and he was swept under...they just recovered my friends body an hour ago....
    Yes today Oregon lost a good man, friend and a devoted loving father...

~~ Brant you will be missed~~
    http://www.katu.com/news/Funeral-tod...=y&clmob=y&c=n
    Last edited by Motocrossx23; 04-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd do it... wouldn't even think twice.

If he knew his son is safe the man would be happy.

with regard to that coffee maker... i forwarded that video to our exec team and they're going to get a quote on it. Pricing isn't official yet but i found that it will be roughly $7k just for the unit, not even for the install.

we are not deterred. I'll throw money at it... i straight out offered a salary cut or garnish

Regular User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by trillex905; 04-23-2012 at 02:57 AM.

I buy my own tampons, bitch! Array Jam's Avatar
    having intercourse with your sleeping patterns
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    I'd do it... wouldn't even think twice.

If he knew his son is safe the man would be happy.

with regard to that coffee maker... i forwarded that video to our exec team and they're going to get a quote on it. Pricing isn't official yet but i found that it will be roughly $7k just for the unit, not even for the install.

we are not deterred. I'll throw money at it... i straight out offered a salary cut or garnish
    the top comment is great-

Step 1: Buy this

Step 2: Bring girl over

Step 3: Show her this

Step 4: Have sex
    "easy, easy... everyone knows the guy enamored with driving a 1998 crown vic ex police car is most likely a genius" - Jim1234664

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread is getting a little weak.. time to enhance...

Race: Integra / DE: E30 / Summer: C6 Vette / Winter: Audi A3
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer with the back.
    Horsepower is how fast You hit the wall, Torque is how hard You hit the wall.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what fire officials described as an act of bravery, four roofers rescued a co-worker who had fallen through a factory roof in Clifton and dropped 40 feet into a tank of acid.

Martin Davis was working on the roof of Swepco Tube LLC when he fell into the tank of nitric acid.
    Martin Davis, 44, of Avenel, an ironworker and father of three, was working on the roof of Swepco Tube LLC, a metal tube manufacturing plant, when he fell into the tank of nitric acid around 8:40 a.m. Monday.

Davis was in critical condition with a broken rib, punctured lung and burns on his legs and side, his brother John Davis said in an interview Monday.

Clifton Fire Chief Vincent Colavitti Jr. initially said that one of the co-workers, Rob Nuckols, 51, of Frenchtown, had jumped into the vat and was aided by three other roofers in pulling out the victim.

Nuckols declined to comment Monday night, but a relative, who asked that her name not be used, said he did not jump into the vat but was among four workers who pulled Davis to safety.

Nuckols told firefighters after the ordeal: “I had to get him out of there.”

The tank was filled with a 40 percent to 70 percent solution of nitric acid used in cleaning metal tubing. Davis was fully submerged in the solution.

The three other roofers were identified as Rob Fulton, 24; Joe Dabkowski, 45; and William Walker, who is in his 20s. Authorities did not have the rescuers’ hometowns. The men were working for Gar Con Enterprises, based in Flemington. It was the first day of the roof replacement job at Swepco, Colavitti said.

“It takes a lot of courage” Colavitti said of the rescuers’ actions.

When he was rescued, Davis was red and seemed to be in shock. “He was incoherent,” Colavitti said.

The fire department arrived about five minutes later and cut off Davis’ clothes and sprayed him down with water to stop the acid from burning through his skin, Colavitti said. Nuckols had rinsed himself off, Colavitti said.

An ambulance took Davis to Weasel Brook Park where a waiting medical helicopter took him to St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston. Davis, who is divorced, has a 20-year-old son who lives with him, and two daughters, ages 6 and 9, who live in Florida, said his brother. Davis also has a sister, Kim, who is 43.

“They have him on a breathing apparatus and he’s in critical condition,” John Davis said. “His condition is not so good. But he’s a young guy. He’ll pull through.”

Nuckols, who suffered burns on his legs and abdomen, was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic where he was treated and released Monday. One other roofer was taken to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, and the other two were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital with irritation on their hands and arms.
    http://www.northjersey.com/clifton/M...tml?c=y&page=1

[hr]

I think this belongs here too.

Last edited by ProgRocker; 05-08-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProgRocker View Post
    that is such a wicked commercial.

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast